#FreshRadio salutes #ReadytoDie today at 5p est
16 October 2012 Fresh Radio
Today in 1995, The Notorious B.I.G.‘s debut album, Ready to Die, is certified double-platinum.
- Christopher Wallace was raised in the Brooklyn borough of New York City.
- He released his debut album, Ready to Die, in 1994, becoming a central figure on the East Coast, then national hip-hop scenes.
- While recording his second album, he was heavily involved in the East Coast-West Coast beef of the ’90s, which was led by his friend-turned-rival Tupac Shakur.
- The double-disc set Life After Death, released 15 days after Biggie’s assassination, hit number-one and was certified diamond in 2000 for sales of 10 million copies.
- Two more posthumous albums were released, giving him a total of almost 20 million records sold to date.
- Catch DJ Bee LIVE @ 5p est running thru the album with elements of turntablism!